Feedback from schools tells us that more experienced teachers of PE use the unit overviews to structure their delivery. Colleagues with less experience make effective use of our step-by-step lesson plans that provide guidance on activities, management, organisation and teaching points.
Whatever your level of experience in teaching PE, our resources will support you in developing your skills in:
- setting clear expectations and targets;
- providing good quality feedback to pupils to help them improve and identify the next step in their learning;
- giving clear teacher explanation, that takes account of preferred learning styles;
- using appropriate learning resources;
- using effective questioning with a clear purpose;
- incorporating the key skills;
- reviewing progress at appropriate times during the lesson and at the end of the lesson;
- providing opportunities for pupils to explore and experiment; plan and select; practice and refine; present their work; observe and evaluate; take on different roles and responsibilities.
Through using our resources, your children will engage in a broad repertoire of enjoyable physical activities that provide them with exciting physical and cognitive challenges and opportunities.